Anything Moddable on a Aquapack Dev.

Threads about water gun modifications.
JonsterM

Post by JonsterM » Sat May 14, 2005 11:51 am

Hey guys, I'm new to the whole water wars thing, and water guns in general, I had an XP 270 which I was borrowing off my sister, but yesterday I went and bought an Aquapack Devastator, Its the best gun I've ever used, but I was wondering if there is anything I can do to sqeeze a few more feet out of the range and the power in general.

I've seen collosus mods and nozzle drilling, and CVF too, but I don't really understand how to do them. I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me a couple of step by step guides to doing these things specifically on my gun, or if anyone has modded a FF then they might be able to give me a few tips on modding the 2005 CPS range.

I hope the spelling and grammar is ok in this post as I'm not going to use the spell checker as I feel I can spell well enough already, if this is reason enough to ban or warn me, then feel free. This board is very similar to another board I visit, in the way that spelling and grammar are enforced very strongly, which is good, it gets rid of the idiots that just post things like 'ryte iv jus gotta nu gun n I wz wondrin wot stuf I cn do 2 mke it shut furva' . So congrats on the running of the board and getting it the way it is right now.

But back to the topic, can anyone give me a couple of simple mods I can do to my gun.

Jon.

[edited to add a few bits about spelling :) ]

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat May 14, 2005 2:28 pm

Welcome to SSCentral JonsterM!

There's no way we could tell you don't use the spell check if you spell correctly in the first place! So feel free to not use it if you very rarely ever spell incorrectly. (You are upgraded to Members.)

You pretty much know all of the modifications you can do to your Aqua Pack Devastator. Collosus is simple - all you need to do is slide bike tubes over the pressure chamber, a simple procedure in words. What is hardest is doing the modification, as it requires a good amount of strength!

The other modification I would recommend is the nozzle selector modification. Especially on the Aqua Pack Devastator which lacks multiple nozzles, this modification will allow you to use whatever nozzle size you please, within the limits of the Aqua Pack Devastator's design that is.

JonsterM

Post by JonsterM » Sat May 14, 2005 2:47 pm

Thanks a lot for the welcome Doom :) .

I'll open up my gun soon and check out the pressure chamber, see how that looks and I'll experminet with tubes, I have a lot as I ride bikes regularly, would you recommend using thicker than average tubes?

The nozzle selector mod looks fairly easy, I'll purchase some PVC tubing and the rest of the stuff I need, and post some pictures when it's completed if I get round to doing it, the only problem is, I don't want to ruin my gun so I'm pretty scared about doing stuff to it!

But if I get the courage, I'll do the mods and get some pics for other members too.

Thanks a lot for the advice, and the upgrade too :) .

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Sat May 14, 2005 3:55 pm

I don't know how easily you will find the PVC needed for the nozzle mod. PVC is harder to find here than in America. If you can't find it in the shops than there are some sites you can buy it from, I know CG found one. Bear in mind though, it can be expensive.
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!

JonsterM

Post by JonsterM » Sat May 14, 2005 4:06 pm

Thanks for that. I take it places like B & Q and Homebase don't stock that kind of thing?

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Sat May 14, 2005 5:57 pm

Not having any near me, I don't know. However, I seem to remember CG went to one when looking for parts for a water balloon launcher and couldn't find any.
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!

JonsterM

Post by JonsterM » Sat May 14, 2005 6:07 pm

Thanks a lot anyway :) . I'll have a look in there this weekend or sometime next week.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sat May 14, 2005 9:23 pm

Originally posted by JonsterM@May 14 2005, 04:06 PM
Thanks for that. I take it places like B & Q and Homebase don't stock that kind of thing?
[snapback]24662[/snapback]

Yeah, I've found it tricky to find the stuff. I found some at a plumbers merchant; it's not quite the same stuff as in the USA but it should do the job. The endcaps may be expensive though, most accessories like that seem to cost a fair amount.

And welcome to SSC! It's nice for another promising UK member to join, at least to me. :D
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Sun May 15, 2005 12:50 am

if you can't find it, try just frilling the nozzle. that way you can get a higher output. I think 1/16" is a little whimpy. Try 1/8".

EDIT: why doesn't the spell check know whimpy?

JonsterM

Post by JonsterM » Sun May 15, 2005 9:07 am

Originally posted by hunter@May 15 2005, 01:50 AM
if you can't find it, try just frilling the nozzle. that way you can get a higher output. I think 1/16" is a little whimpy. Try 1/8".

EDIT: why doesn't the spell check know whimpy?
[snapback]24674[/snapback]

Because it's spelt wimpy ;) .

Thanks for the advise everyone, its been very useful. Like I said if I get round to opening it up any time soon then I'll get pictures and such to help any other people with one of these guns.