Max-d 6000 Trigger Valve Repair

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:03 pm

My Max-D 6000's trigger valve has given out. I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of to fix it, but I cannot get it to close properly.

OK, so what's happening is, under a full-pressure shot, when the trigger is pulled the valve jams half-open and won't close. The trigger no longer has any input on whether the valve opens or closes, it simply jams half-open. Which is totally useless. Can anyone help me on how to repair this?
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
CPS2100 (Thank You King Soaker&#33 ;)
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000
1 XP310 w/my own power mod and 8 balloon XPS mod
2 piston-pistols (backup)

Drewsky92

Post by Drewsky92 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:34 pm

This happened to my friend's Max-D 6000 (and I fixed it). Did you leave the gun preasureized for overnight? This is what my friend did. It is a pernament problem (unless you somehow get another ball valve). All you have to do is pump it up two-thirds, not all the way.

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:26 am

No, I haven't mistreated it in any way. I have worked out that over two-thirds pressure knocks the valve off and jams it half-open. I'll see what I can do about another ball valve.
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000

vaporizer28

Post by vaporizer28 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:32 pm

Replace the trigger valve spring with a really tight rubber band.

I did that w. my MD2K, and it works like new, exept for the hard trigger pull. <_<

EDIT: works 4 me!

^This was made by Superstormer. What, do you think it got here on its own?

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:47 pm

Can't do that. If I put a rubber band in it, the band holds the mechanism forwards, closed, and at full trigger pull the valve can only open halfway. Anyone with any other ideas

1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000

BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:02 am

I have the exact same stupid problem. I've tried rubber bands, they don't work at all.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:27 pm

Welcome to SSC.

That stuff doesn't work all the time. And you have to get it centered right.

http://www.geocities.com/dryhumper70/Mods.html

It might only work on CPS valves too, possibly due to the size? I don't know.

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:07 am

did you try an xps because on my friends xp 310 we did an xps and a balloon poped of into the triger valve holding it open.It took 2 months to figure out <_<
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:33 am

This happened to my 21k. Look for the topic on soakthis.com
Blaze and Doom and a bunch of other people gave me horrible advice. Like replacing the spring. Putting a rubber band on, putting my F-ing finger over the nozzle and pressurizing it?...
You can't close it right?
Basically, what you have to do it get a new trigger valve from that pile of broken soakers. or from a soaker you never use.
If you have no trigger valves lieing around, you will need to replace it with a ball valve. I feel sorry for you, as this problem is very devistating, knowing there is no fix. Only replacement.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:13 am

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Bad advice. Do the small, less strenuos ideas first, and then if nothing else works do the replacement. I've done the rubber band thing to several soakers and its worked most of the time. The one exception was Dux's second 21k.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:34 am

Dude, its not the same problem. I've had the problem your talking about. It happened before I joined the forums. I used a completely different method, but thats not important. These are two different problems. One is a problem outside the valve. (the spring er something) This is inside the valve (its broken unless you want to saw it open and take a look around)
Replacment is the easiest option. Dark Elite is welcome to saw open the valve, but I just recommend replacing it.
BlueSoak.net

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:39 am

OK, thanks guys, but remember this problem is on a Max-D trigger valve, and it is VERY weak. Putting a rubber band on it in ANY possible configuration just jams it closed. Which is even worse. Holding my finger over the nozzle doesn't help, because at full pressure the valve opens only halfway. With a rubber band on the mechanism holding it closed, it just stays closed, even with a pitifully weak rubber band, at full trigger pull. What I really need is a way to replace it, but I have no idea how to do that.

Oh yeah, off topic, I have a CPS1500 a mate gave me to try and fix, the pump piston has snapped into two. I'll try to sort it out myself now, but if I can't see any way to fix it I'll ask you guys :)

1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:59 am

Buy a max-D 2000 and replace the trigger valves. depending on the setup (I Don't have a Max-D 6000) it should be possible.

About the CPS 1500. Thats so sad. A 1500 should never be out of action. Check out the tech section of soakthis and look for the pump reinforcment article in the modification section. Do the same thing, but do a internal epoxy job to the crack also.

Peace out B)
BlueSoak.net

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:45 pm

too right the 1500 is sad. That's the second of my mates who's destroyed a 1500. Read the topic I made on it and see if you can come up with anything. (CPS1500 Repair [Help!])
About the replacement, the MD2000's trigger valve would just break as well, maybe even faster as it would be designed for lower pressure. Plus, I have never EVER seen an MD2000 for sale, plus it'd be a waste of money. Maybe I'll rip the pump of my 6000 and use that in the busted 1500... They look about the same size...

1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000