Cps 2100's

Threads about water gun modifications.
NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:51 am

I took it upon myself to go see if they had any CPS 2100's at Sports Authority because I have heard that they were selling them. And sure enough they had them, for 7 dallars!

I suggest everyone go out and buy them. They are a great gun to have. Light, small, and can pack a punch. Also, K MOD it! This gun preforms very well when K MODED. And Don't drill a larger nozzle! IT just makes the gun preform the way it did before when it wasnt K MODED. And it also makes the shot time decrease a whole lot! Trust me. From the experience of K MODING Duxburians CPS 2100 it just sucks after you drill the nozzle.

Also it looks to me that these CPS 2100's are a new series. Like a 2004 model or something.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:59 am

As I said at WWN, my CPS 2100 is a completely normal one. Nothing special about it at all. I still have the box, and I took pics of it NIB. It might be my specific CPS 2100, but I don't think it's anything new and special. They likely were at SA all the time since 2002 but we never knew about it.

I would recommend modding CPS 2100s also. They have the stronger trigger valve, something new I have just recently found out. The stronger ones are smaller, the larger ones will break when not reinforced. That way you don't have to reinforce anything. They also have a guided pump, after using a K modded soaker with a normal pump I know that a guided pump is what is best. Well, except for metal pumps, those work really great too.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:14 am

I noticed that the tank is a little different and the trigger is a little better. Might just be me. :)

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:20 am

Really? Takes some pictures to help compare. I'd like to see this. :D I hope I got the better kind.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:07 pm

Yeah. Infact me and Duxburian just got done K-moding his new cps 2100 and my new cps 2100. We looked at the differences and found that Dux has 2 different types of cps 2100's and I have a different type then his. We think his newer cps 2100 is a newer version cause it has a ton of glue in certain parts so it makes people not want to mod their guns. We had to destroy the pump cap cause it was so tight! Ill get pics up as soon as I can.

DX

Post by DX » Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:31 am

Yeah, that was interesting. We have 3 2100's, all different models. There are differences everywhere, from the nozzle to the reservoir, to the location of the screws. Each 2100 seems to be unique. There are even different pc sizes. One of my 2100's has the nozzle attached to the internals in the middle and the outer part of the nozzle is attched to the casing instead. During the k-modding today, we even found out that the "stuff" that comes out of the check valve were different colors on different 2100s! The screws on my 2100's pc were also larger than Nibor Dude's. Weird stuff. Pics to follow.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

strongshooter

Post by strongshooter » Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:52 am

I got a 2100 about a year ago and a while afterwards it stopped shooting, the gun would still take pressure but it wouldn't shoot. I suspected that it was the trigger valve so a friend and I opened up the casing and promptly the pc slipped off of the pipe and launched all of the pent-up pressure from when it had broken straight into our faces and splattered water all over the living room, my dad was pissed. :D
Anyways we started testing the internals and found out that the valve was not opening, We pressed it down with a screwdriver and now it shoots but will not close all of the way by itself like it should. We can get it back to the condition it was in but that will still not get it to fire normally inside of the original casing. I just got a new digital camera and can post photos soon but I am wondering if anyone knows how to fix the valve, If you need more detail just ask.

thanks for helping,
Eli

ps. please help because this is my last CPS and I hate the 2004 models

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:54 pm

I've got the same problem as you! except it's on a 1500.
I don't check this forum anymore.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:04 pm

Man, how many times do I have to say this! This picture shows how to fix it, you put another spring there to close it.