Are there any ways the Max Infusion Flash Flood can block shots of water?

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
lazerhawk08

Are there any ways the Max Infusion Flash Flood can block shots of water?

Post by lazerhawk08 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:58 pm

Can I use the Flash Flood to defend myself in anyway?

besides putting the gun in front of the shot and dodging.

SSCBen

Re: Are there any ways the Max Infusion Flash Flood can block shots of water?

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:09 pm

You might be able to repel the shot with one of your own, but it'd have to be of equal power or better and your aim would have to be perfect.

Using the gun as a shield and dodging are essentially the only things you can do. Dodging is so useful anyway that you should do it every time you see a stream.

lazerhawk08

Post by lazerhawk08 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:08 pm

My problem is that im normally attacking and defending myself from many people at a time.
I have trichotillomania (trik-O-til-a-mAn-Eu)
Which meens i rip out my hair uncontrollably...its emotionally depressing...
If anyone could help...PM me...

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:54 pm

Well, there's nothing specific to the Flash Flood that will block shots. If you attach a shield to it that would help. The best advice is to keep moving. A moving target is always harder to hit than a stationary target. Make your movements less predictable by running in something like a zig zag.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:49 pm

The Flash Flood is rather small, which makes it very maneuverable. I'd recommend moving around like mad and dodging the shots as best as you can. The gun fortunately is small enough and light enough to allow this without much issue. Just don't be reckless in your defensive movements and you should be fine.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

captianfear

Post by captianfear » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:16 pm

I think he means the flood nozzel. The spread of water might work like a fire fighters hose setting that fans out. The shot time of the flood nozzel is proably not lgood enough nor the power. maybe if you riged a gun with a constant air pressure system using an air compresser built in and made a fan nozzel i could work but the power porably wouldn't be great enough an its not really worth it because you can just use a garbage can lid or make a sheild to go around the front of the gun so you can fire and block at the same time.

Captian Fear

cantab

Post by cantab » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:24 pm

Despite looks, the blast doesn't spread THAT much - you could easily miss the incoming jet. Besides, if the opponent is using a stream nozzle, they can just shoot again after your blast is done.

I also think it's very unlikely to pack enough force to repel an incoming water bomb or other projectile.

Any blast that spreads enough to reliable intersect an incoming stream will almost certainly be so diffuse that the stream just passes right through it.

You'll be much better off using a shield - bin lid, umbrella, whatever. If you want you can make a hole to shoot through, or integrate it to the gun.
Of course, you might play with rules that ban shields.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier: