CPS 3000 Hose problem

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Lightbulb41

CPS 3000 Hose problem

Post by Lightbulb41 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:07 pm

I have a CPS 3000 and the connecting tube from the backpack to the gun is messed up. I broke the plastic connecter that turns the rubber tube into the piece that plugs into the gun. Is there any suggestions on what I should do?
You can get more with a kind word and a gun than just a kind word.

I trade mobility for firepower. Accuracy for strengh. And Stealth for Intimidation.

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:57 pm

I suggest using a Jubilee clip to clamp the hose back on to the gun fitting. However, the hose might be too narrow to do that with, in which case a more heavy-duty solution would be necessary.

Lightbulb41

Post by Lightbulb41 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:15 pm

My problem is that the gun fitting broke. I don't know how to repair it yet... :(
You can get more with a kind word and a gun than just a kind word.

I trade mobility for firepower. Accuracy for strengh. And Stealth for Intimidation.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:57 pm

The problem is, I can't visualize exactly what went wrong (especially since I don't have a CPS 3000), but that can easily be solved by a picture. Sorry about the inconvenience...

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:12 pm

I have the ultimate solution: Hose fittings. These are easily available, and should fit your hose. I've done something similar to a CPS 3200.

And as a bonus, you'll be able to quick fill your backpack.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston